Saturday 24 April 2010

Ladies and gentleman, Harry Federchi has left the building!

There is nothing like a 3-1 defeat at Old Trafford to bring you back down to Earth with a bump, oh well let’s hope that other bunch of dirty red scum bags (the ones from North…..er, South London) do Spurs a favour against Manchester City today.

Since the weather is so nice today I have decided to leave the confines of my house and venture in to the ‘World Beyond The Walls’…..so I am currently typing this from my garden! I know you are thinking to yourself “Oh well done Harry”……so thanks, it was a big step for me. I’m not sure how long it will last though, the sun is playing havoc with the contrast on my laptop screen and I’m not sure how much longer the battery will last…..so obviously I will soon be returning to ‘Fort Federchi’. I have heard that some people sit in the garden and…..well that’s it, they sit there and soak up a bit of sun. How strange! No Internet, no TV, no PS3…..god what is the point of living?.....weirdos!

Getting back to the real world, last week I watched the first 2 series of Gavin & Stacey (plus the Christmas Special)…..I had never watched it before because I missed the first couple of episodes and my obsessive compulsion would not allow me to tune in half way through the series……anyway, it sure was worth the wait. The only downside for me is that I do not have any friends called either ‘Gavin’ or ‘Pamela’ …..I so want to do the old “Gavlarrrr”, “Pamelarrrr”…..and I have had an unhealthy craving for one of Gwen’s omelette’s…..however a member of my family, who shall remain nameless, is on a low cholesterol diet so all talk of trying to replicate one of Gwen’s Barry Island specials has been put on hold. I have to admit that I did feel that lump in my throat develop a few times, especially when Stacey gave “Gavlarrrrr” (there I done it) the wedding ring back in series 2…..by the way, why do we get that lump in our throat when we cry?......”Oh!” (as the Welsh say), I wasn’t crying by the way. I could google the answer to that question but I am trying to encourage a bit of interaction with you, my readers, so maybe you can tell me what that lump is? I have one series left to watch and I am very much looking forward to it…..I wonder if I will find out what happened on that fishing trip?

Don’t wait up mum, because Harry is out tonight! I’ve got the extension lead plugged in and the laptop is now ‘cooking on gas’…..”Write on. Write on. With a laptop, on my lap. ‘coz I’ll neeeeever get a job. I’ll neeeeever get a job.”

Actually, saying that…..I have got a job…..well I say a job, really it is just a last resort. I missed out on Glastonbury tickets in the first sale and also in the resale so I had to use all my charm to blag a place as a volunteer at this summer’s festival. Thankfully I will not be cleaning the toilets or the even more disgusting job of Shakira’s ‘quick change costume assistant’…..what the f**k is she doing at Glastonbury? Instead I will be doing a bit of customer service…..I’m not actually sure what that will entail at Glastonbury but I assume I will be dragging the p*ss heads out of the mud, stopping the Northerners from nicking the contents of peoples tents and telling the kids where they can buy E’s and Whizz. I have to work 3 shifts and in return I get my ticket for free (£185.00) but luckily I get to do 2 shifts before the festival even starts. I have chosen to do my final shift between 8am and 4pm on the Friday which means I only miss the likes of Corinne Bailey-Rae…..”I knows, tidy” (I say in a ‘Nessa styliee). However as usual fate seems to have conspired against me because The Cribs who have been my favourite band for the last 3 years are on stage at the same time as England will be playing their first knock out game in the World Cup, that is if they finish top of their group, so I for one will be hoping England have a (very) little slip up and finish 2nd in their World Cup group.


Oh the complexity of my life and the worries I have to deal with on a seemingly monthly basis…..it’s a wonder that I am so normal!

The sun has gone in and it feels a bit chilly now, sorry ladies (and men I guess) the t-shits has to go back on.

The other highlights of my week have been a lovely walk to Holborn to collect my new pop-up, camouflage tent on what was a very sunny day…..and I saw Jack Dee.....that’s it really.

Harry Federchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment