Wednesday 17 March 2010

If every ending is the start of something new.....what have I just ended?

After 6 months of relative inactivity other than job hunting the next few months promise much. With WrestleMania only days away, the crescendo of Tottenham Hotspur’s pursuit of glory in the FA Cup and Champions League qualification on the line in the Premier League, England’s World Cup campaign, The Glastonbury Festival (if I can find someone to go with) and a whole load of birthdays, engagements and weddings there are some exciting times ahead…..but what do I do in between?.....well, I continue my search for the modern day holy grail (a job), cook dinner for the family and take heed of the warning contained within the song ‘Sit Down’ by James, the lyrics of which state “If I hadn’t seen such riches I could live with being poor”…..based I that I try not to expose myself to any real life excitement that takes place beyond my place of residents…..although I occasionally experience the delights of a trip to Sainsbury’s which can often be the highlight of any given week.

So, “what is this blog about” I hear you ask…..(is that you or just the voices in my head?)…..well, it’s about me, me entertaining you, me helping you, me giving you an insight in to the way I see things like an evangelical citizen of the World…..and I hope you will do the same in return. It’s probably going to be like a packet of Revels with some minging bits that most of you will not enjoy (the orange and coffee ones), sections that will feel like you’re having a tooth extracted (the toffee ones) and the odd bit that might take your fancy (like the Minstrels, Maltesers and peanut ones). I’m planning on discussing things I feel strongly about like football, wrestling, music, TV, food, religion, society and any other topical subjects that take my fancy. I will try to post regular blogs about our dinner times, like what we had, what I thought of it, maybe a bit about what we all talked about at the dinner table and the recipe for the meal which I hope you try for yourself and let everyone know how it turned out.

This is just a short explanation on what you can expect because I am off now to continue one of my daily tasks, making dinner. Today we are having Bacon, Cabbage, Carrots and Peas Pudding a simple dinner and just a coincidence that today is St Patricks…..besides I’m putting honey and mustard on the bacon and there will not be a spud in sight…..Jackie Charlton and Tony Cascarino would not be happy!

Harry Federchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment